Today, on 11th of December 2019, KCSS has launched the "Woman Security Forum" organized in the framework of the project "Building Resilience: Communities against Violent Extremism”.
We were delighted to have in the opening speech and welcoming remarks:
● H.E. Gerrie Willems, Ambassador of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Prishtina
● Mr. Mentor Vrajolli, Executive Director, KCSS
The conference was followed by a panel discussion on the topic of “The role of Women in creating resilient and safe communities in Kosovo“ with panelists:
● Ms. Teuta Avdimetaj, Researcher at Kosovar Centre for Security Studies
● Mr. Qendron Kastrati, Mayor of the Municipality of Kamenica
● Mr. Hajrulla Çeku, Member of Parliament, Lëvizja Vetëvendosje
● Ms. Luljeta Berisha, Researcher, The Kosova Rehabilitation Centre for Torture Victims (KRCT)
● Captain Ms. Vjollca Hoti, Commander at South Police Station in Prishtina, Kosovo Police
Moderated by: Ms. Learta Hollaj, Operational Manager/Senior Researcher, Institute for Development Policy (INDEP)
The main aim of the Woman Security Forum is to empower women and advance their rights in the security sector in Kosovo and to advocate for addressing their security concerns. Moreover, this forum aims to empower women as community leaders, foster cooperation and promote the importance of women's active role in preventing conflict, violence and violent extremism, regardless of ideology or ethnicity.
The forum launching brought together local women leaders, NGOs representatives, religious representatives, representatives from rule of law agencies, government officials, parliament members, media representatives, mayors, international civil and military presence representatives in Kosovo and C/PVE practitioners. This activity and the women forum in general will have a particular focus on women's safety in Kosovo and the actions (not) taken by the institutions to address the main security and safety challenges. This activity will take place in eight other municipalities of Kosovo and is supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kosovo.